Ok so this isn’t going to be a really quick ab routine that will promise you a 6 pack in 6 weeks.
What I WILL promise though is that if you are slightly overweight and want to lose a bit of belly fat then follow these tips for 6 weeks and you will see an improvement.
- Do BIG exercises – Squats, lunges, pull ups, dips, deadlifts, overhead presses, etc. Exercises that will get lots of muscles working at the same time. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolic rate will be, the fat you can burn. FACT
- Keep the intensity high and the rest short – Keep a timer nearby and limit your rest periods to no longer than 60 seconds, this will ensure you are working hard for your whole workout.
- Get rowing – The rowing machine is one of the best pieces of cardio equipment in the gym. It gets your whole body working and gets your heart rate up, fast! Try swapping out the treadmill or cross trainer for the rower and see what difference it makes.
- Avoid 1000’s of ab crunches – Whilst they do work your abs, many people are not at the stage physically where they will be effective for them. You will be better off mastering isometric holds such as the plank to begin with to build up your core strength.
- Keep a food diary – Pay attention to what you are taking in on a daily basis, from experience I have found that as soon as people start writing down what they eat they automatically improve it because they are making themselves accountable.
If you have any questions then please leave a comment below. To get some more advice or to start working on getting yourself a flat stomach in time for the Christmas party season get in touch here